Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

How to Make a Burlap Wreath Bow

    Every summer after school lets out I make a bucket list of projects and other things that I want to accomplish by the end of the summer. And because I'm crazy and Type A, if I come up with other projects I didn't think of when I made my list, I add them to my list later and then cross them out so it looks like I did more.  I mean, who doesn't like to feel more accomplished??
     This summer many of my bucket list items involve preparing for our little peanut who will be born in January, but I have a bunch of other non-baby related projects to tackle too!  One of those projects that I got to cross off my bucket list today was making a new wreath for our front door.  I got on a wreath kick a while back and I went a little wild.  And then I began hoarding wreath supplies for months....and....... I've seriously had this huge collection of burlap, deco mesh, ribbon, and other accessories stuffed in random drawers around the house ready to make the collection wreaths I had been mentally planning.  But as with many things in life, I never got around to actually making them.  (I still have wreath supplies for my EASTER wreath that I never got around to making...whoops. Maybe I'll post that one when I get around to it!)
     So I got started this morning and finished up with my masterpiece!! I think it turned out great! I love the light blue burlap....which I found at WAL-MART!! Yes....Wal-Mart!  And the monogram, which was a end of the year teacher gift from a student in my class, was the perfect accessory to this fun and summery wreath. 

   Because I have already written a post on how to make burlap wreath, I am not going to re-write instructions on how to make the actual wreath.  If you do not already know how to make a basic burlap wreath, you can find detailed instructions in my previous post HERE.  What I am going to focus on today is how to make an easy layered burlap bow!  All I used was some 8" plain burlap ribbon, a roll of decorative 2 1/2" burlap ribbon, and some pipe cleaners.
   
                                                                                                                                                             To secure the 3-letter wooden monogram, I hot glued two pieces of floral wire to either side of back of the monogram.  Then I pulled the wire through the wreath and attached it on both sides to the wire wreath frame.  It looks great on my front door!!  Now to work on this Easter wreath that never made it up in time for Easter.....good thing it comes every year!  Happy Saturday friends!!






   

No comments:

Post a Comment