Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

FROZEN Hot Cocoa - Recipe #2


  There is just something about a cup of hot cocoa that brings about an almost unrivaled sense of
happiness, warmth, and feelgoodness (yes, I made that word up.)  And the most important part about it, of course, is that it's chocolate.  It's a warm, delicious, drink made out of chocolate....how can you go wrong??!  Well, all these years I've anxiously awaited cold weather for the sole reason that it brings the joy of the holidays and deliciousness of hot beverages like apple cider and hot cocoa (because I certainly don't like being cold)....that is, until I was introduced to FROZEN hot cocoa!  Yes...you heard correctly.  Frozen hot cocoa!!  Now there's no need for cold weather to enjoy your favorite feel-good beverage!  You can enjoy it anytime, even in the summer.  Or, if you live in the insanely odd weather state of South Carolina, like I do, you can enjoy it on those few hot days in December when it decides to go from 40 degrees to 80 degrees in a 24 hour period.  Ridiculous, I know.  SC weather is a little cray-cray, but I diverge.
    Now....the first thing I thought about when I first saw a recipe for frozen hot cocoa was, "OMG...it's like a hot chocolate milkshake!"  And I love me a good chocolate milkshake....especially one from Rush's (for all you out of towners, that's a local burger and shake joint in SC).  So the thought of combining the cool, creamy, smoothness of a milkshake and the rich, warmfuzziness of hot cocoa.....what more could you ask for?  Over the last week or so, I've experimented with a couple of different recipes for frozen hot cocoa, and they were either too thick where you can't pour it out out of the blender, or too thin and runny (not cool), so I came up with my own recipe.  This sweet concoction is pretty much my guilty pleasure at least a couple times a week now.....it's so delicious!!!  My hubby likes it, and I just tried my recipe out on my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and my 5 year old nephew tonight, and they all approved!

  FABULOUS FROZEN HOT COCOA

 Ingredients:

        2 cups milk
        3 or 4 packets of hot cocoa (I love the Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate Sensation)
        4 cups of ice
        5 Tbsp sugar

Directions:
        Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until ice is crushed and consistency is smooth.  Pour
        into glasses and serve cold with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired.    Serves 4-6.

  NOTE:  Make sure your blender is adept at crushing ice.  If not, you will have ice chunks...not cool.... and it totally takes away from the creaminess factor.  I used my Ninja Blender that my mamma in law got me for Christmas two years ago, and it works great for crushing ice!  Thanks Mrs. Patsy! :)
        

        So, here's a recap....

 If I don't blog again before the holidays, which is totally probable, Merry Christmas friends!
        - Beth




No comments:

Post a Comment